Wednesday, February 4, 2009

After doing some research, I realized I may be the last one on the planet to have a blog. So with a little trepidation, I am stepping into the mommy blog world. I have had a lot of time on my hands this week, since all three of my kids and the dog have been sick. My husband, the doctor, seemed indifferent about getting our kids flu shots, so I didn't. And lo and behold, they all have influenza. Treven is going on day six, Emilyn day 5, and Livia day 4. So we've been house-bound, but I am praying they can go back to school tomorrow. They are feeling well enough to fight today, and I am trying to be positive about that. The dog has also been sick with I don't know what. I think he felt left out that all the other kids were throwing up, and he wanted some attention too. We almost made an emergency vet run last night, but the nice vet talked us down and told us to give him Pedialite throught the night. Who knew? Anyway, he is doing a little better today.
Well, I've been rambling on to avoid mentioning the real problem in our lives. Last week Jeffs mom went in for what they thought was an appendectomy, but it turned out to be colon cancer. The surgeon felt confident that he had removed all visible cancer, and we are still waiting for the path results. She is feeling pretty good today, and we are hoping she can come home. It still feels a little like blasphemy to say out loud-- our mom has cancer. We would appreciate any prayers you could send our way. I'll post again when we know more.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you in the blog world. It is a nice way to keep up. So sorry to hear about Jeff's Mom, you will all be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Sad news...we will definetly keep Jeff's Mom in our prayers. All 3 kids with the flu-that's no fun! And the dog sick too! Hang in there! We love and miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey You!! I saw you on Summers blog!!! I am so sorry you guys have the flu! I am not much of a fan of the flu shot either. My kids have never had it, and so far.... shall I say more? Anyway,good luck! I love the name livia. I need pictures!

    ReplyDelete